The focus this Saturday will be to continue the work in spans 1 to three. This area will eventually become an events area where we can have open day events, theatre groups performances and arts events. It is currently overgrown with much unwanted vegetation which covers a lot of tipped material. We want to prepare the area for a skip or two to remove all the unwanted materials and rubble.
The tasks will include:
- Lopping of vegetation, brambles, bindweed etc. (Moderate)
- Litter picking on and around the viaduct. (Gentle)
- Pruning back vegetation on approach road. (Gentle)
- Recovering the road from encroaching vegetation (Moderate)
- Stump and bramble root removal. ( V Strenuous)
- Removal of old mesh fencing and posts. (Moderate)
Times: Meet under the viaduct at 10:00 am. The barrier from Newtons Lane will be open from 9:30 onwards. The workday will finish around 3:00 pm. Come for as long or as short as you want.
Equipment: Tools will be provided. Gloves will be provided but if you have your own, please bring them. I would also suggest sturdy footwear.
Weather: The forecast is for good weather so if you burn easily, take all the necessary precautions. Tea, water and biscuits will be provided followed by refreshments in the Dewdrop afterwards.